D'AGOSTINO EUROPEAN ROYAL WEDDING HANDCRAFTED LEATHER BOUTONNIERE
BINESHII WILD RICE
How To Put On A Boutonniere
In days past, the stem of a boutonniere was inserted through an actual buttonhole in the man’s left lapel. Today, a lapel might have a faux buttonhole, or maybe, none at all, so the boutonniere needs to be pinned.
- Hold the boutonniere by the stem with your left hand, the flower should face away from the viewer.
- Place the boutonniere on the wearer’s left lapel, approximately four inches down from the tip of the left shoulder. Make sure the flower is positioned correctly before pinning it in place.
- Hold a pin with your right hand, and starting from behind the lapel, push it through the fabric just beneath the head of the flower.
- Pierce through the flower stem, reinserting the tip of the pin into the fabric so that the tip of the pin ends up behind the lapel. Be sure that the flower is securely in place.
- Tug gently on the stem to be sure the boutonniere is properly fastened.